Succulent Terrarium Class
Create your one of a kind succulent terrarium! Succulents such as cacti can adapt to unpredictable watering, happily thriving even when they slip their owners’ mind. In this class, you’ll make your own succulent terrarium, filling a glass orb with sand, soil, rocks, and hand-picked succulents.
For ALL ages (2 years +)
LOCATION : 4338 California Street, SF
- VIRTUAL: pick up a succulent terrarium kit and schedule a zoom meeting or
- IN PERSON: one on one, 6 feet away, mask required at all times.
- Become a Succulent Master
- Learn how to grow and care for long-living succulents
- Make Your Own Terrarium
- Under Dana's expert guidance, you’ll build a glass terrarium with hearty succulent plants
- Monday to Friday: 6:00 - 6:45 or Weekends Limited to 5 students in one session. Location: Backyard studio with plenty of fresh air and picnic tables.
- We will be following the sf department public health order. Upon entering there will be a series of the standard checklist questions as a preliminary precaution.
- Check off signs for wellness and temperature reading, make sure the student understands to sanitize hands upon entering, and wearing their face mask throughout the day. Once each child is signed in, we will enter the backyard. Each session, we review the guidelines for working together safely, the behavior rules to stay at ease and productive, and provide the lessons and activity. Follow up with questions and responses.
- Kids will arrive with their parent(s) or caretaker at the designated time of the beginning of class. Please stagger for physical distancing and individual check in procedure. We will greet outside the studio to meet & for a check off routine.
- The studio will be set up with space planning for each student to be given a work area to enjoy their activity. Each child will have a colored tray with their name label to hold supplies and tools for their personal use. No sharing of any items throughout the session would be necessary. Cleaning of the workstations and tools wilI be done periodically & at the end of the day . The restroom space will be cleaned and checked often.
- By the end of the session, the children will be ready with their belongings to meet up with each parent or caretaker. The guideline is to stagger the pickup of each child to respect the physical 6 foot distancing. Best to line up outside as you wait for your child to exit. If you were first to drop-off your child at 10am, then perhaps come back on the hour. If you were signed in past the morning hour, 10 to 15 minutes later, then return past the hour for us to prepare your child for pickup. We are totally flexible with the camp timing as long as you are comfortable in waiting a few minutes. Together we will manage to adapt to the new conditions provided for us as the time permits. Please offer your suggestions or approval so we can give our children a rewarding experience during their time.
Upon booking, I will send over the attached pdf for more details & sign the waiver, as well as indicate date & time for desired class.